top of page
Pottery Care and Baking Tips
- All pottery used in baking or serving at Lakeshore pottery is created with food safe glazes
- Pottery is fired to cone ^6 electric.
- While stoneware glazed pottery is a non-stick surface, spray is not needed. (When baking brownies, cakes or using egg cups; a small amount of butter, oil spread or spray is recommended)
- Pottery does not work the same as Pyrex. Pottery needs to change temperature slowly. Do not put into a pre-heated oven. Instead put pottery in a cold oven and add on pre-heat time to recipe's recommended baking time.
- Do not place hot pottery on granite, other stone counter top or directly into cold water.
- Most Lakeshore Pottery can be used in the dishwasher, microwave and oven.
bottom of page